Following on from our initial research into the our chair we had to illustrated 20 different and alternative uses for the chair. I made a small cardboard model of a rocking-chair and used that to discover new uses. It helped to have a physical object to move around and look at from different perspectives. I tried to keep the shape and structure of the chair as similar to reality as possible - separating the chair into components or adding to it's structure seemed almost like cheating to me. I bound my images into an A5 book (spent about 20 quid on the photocopier, clown!).
We also had to show 10 different connotations for our chair. At the end of the 'Object1' project I had began messing about making models of rocking chairs and also people to sit in them, and I decided to continue this for the connotation images. The models were quite effective because many of the connotations I came up with were simple stereotypical characters.